Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Excitement and productivity

Oh so much to be excited about. I think I'll have to make them a list so I don't forget anything:
#1: The package slip has arrived for the package from my one skein secret pal has arrived. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up, but I'm getting pretty excited! More news on that tomorrow.
#2: I've been collecting some treasures for my favourite colour swap pal. I hope that this person will enjoy what I'm putting together. It's definitely more expensive than it's supposed to be, but I just can't stand the thought of sending someone a crap package. I just hope that I've chosen the right shades of this person's favourite colour. There's a lot more to a colour than its name!
#3: I've been dyeing wool with food colouring! The colours are fantastic, and so cheap. I'll have to see how fade resistant they are. I'm once again left wondering how people can eat this stuff - what is it doing to our insides? So far I've been dyeing these skeins of 12 ply Merino that have been hanging around for years, just annoying me. I had 3 skeins which were white and a few more that had suffered from a bad dyeing job some years ago with a eucalypt I can't remember. I overdyed those ones and got some lovely orangey shades. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can find some big bottles of the stuff. It goes so far! At the moment I'm going for 5ml dye per skein, and there's still a little colour left in the pot.
#4: The chevron scarf was completed several days ago, and I think it's fantastic. I'm going to try and get a really good shot of it tomorrow in the sunlight.
#5: I've been felting! Although apparently to the purists it's called fulling. A rose by any other name still smells as sweet (or something like that). I've knitted up three little pouches and chucked them in the washing machine on hot (shock horror!) and I think I rather like the results, although everyone around me responds with polite silence.

That's it for now. Back with pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

NattyChick said...

Great. Can't wait to see your pictures. It all sounds great.

www.nattychick.typepad.com