Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm somebody's pal...

At last the details of my secret pal have arrived. Obviously I can't say anything (not that anyone actually reads this blog anyway) but I can answer the questionnaire for myself:

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Handspun wool. Warm, smells nice, a bit lumpy. That's me alright.

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
Well I seem to knit with red a lot, but I really like blues and greens.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Not that I'm aware of.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I always buy 100% wool (except for my most recent project). I come from a family with a background in sheep farming, so I guess it was bred into me. I also choose wool because I can't really afford anything fancier! Really I just prefer natural animal fibres, whatever the animal may be.

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
I really don't mind as long as the yarn is good!

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Yeah why not?

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
Trying to remember... a basket stitch scarf for Babe (my boyfriend, not the little pig), red socks, skull socks, insane socks I II and III, skull bag. That's all I can remember. I'm sure there's more.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Would like to knit something for my grandmother who taught me to knit when I was eight and has knitted so much for me. Actually I also want to knit socks for mum and dad and maybe my brother and anyone else I like!

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
Not sure if I've ever knitted anything with just one skein. Maybe a beanie, but it has to be a cool one.

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
Oh Lordi me. Actually, I don't have nearly as much as some people (yet). I have all of my bought yarns in a plastic storage container next to my armchair. All of my own handspun stuff is stuffed into a cardboard box and my storage trunk, and I have a big plastic bag with some handspun of my grandmother's.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Well I have the above-mentioned handspun of my grandmother's. I'm actually trying to design the perfect hoodie/cardigan to knit it up into, but it has to be perfect!

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
I probably knit more in Summer because I have more time. Maybe I'm more inclined to knit practical things in Winter.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
Sadly no, not yet.


And that's that. In other news, I decided to go crazy and buy another set of dpns for the bag. I found some for three bucks, and they are this crappy plastic which is really frickin' hard to knit on, but it's better than my stitches falling off I guess. I actually finished the body of the bag (no piccie yet), and next is the little pockets, then the strap.
I'm a little distracted today, because it feels like someone is punching me in the womb.

Sigh. As I read over this blog, I wonder why I'm doing it. There are millions of blogs out there, and I just can't see any point to adding another one, especially since I'm not witty and sophisticated like some people. I don't have the time to do it properly and create funky graphics, so I have to make do with this pre-fabricated girly pink thing because it was the least ugly thing available. Anyway. Here is my not-terribly-interesting-to-anyone-but-me life on display for you to yawn at. Enjoy.

No comments: